Is it important to know what your kids are watching? Of course
yes. Television can expose things you have tried to protect them from,
especially violence, pornography, consumerism, etc.
A study demonstrated that spending too much time on watching TV
during the day or at bedtime often causes bedtime disruption, stress, and short
Another research found that there is a significant relationship
between the amount of time spent for watching television during adolescence and
early adulthood, and the possibility of being aggressive.
Meanwhile, many studies have identified a relationship between
kids who watch TV a lot and being inactive and overweight.
Considering some facts mentioned above, protect your children with
the following tips:
1. Limit television viewing to 1-2 hours each day.
2. Do not allow your children to have a TV set in their bedrooms.
3. Review the rating TV shows that your children watch.
4. Watch television with you children and discuss what is
happening in the show.
(UN SMA IPA 2012)
1. Too much TV watching can possibly lead to ....
2. We know from the text that....
A. too much watching TV causes stress
B. being aggressive can happen to children
C. adult can get overweight
D. parents will protect their children
E. short of sleep duration cause overweight
3. The word disruption in the second
paragraph is closest in meaning to